Filing a Complaint

Filing a Discrimination Complaint


If you believe you have been discriminated and want to file a complaint with the Elkhart Human Relations Commission, be sure that:

  • The discriminatory housing practice has occurred or was terminated within one (1) year, whichever occurred later.
  • The location at which such allegation happened is within the City of Elkhart limits.
  • Visit the Human Relations Commission ,so a staff member can assist you in the filing of your complaint.


Locations outside the City of Elkhart have to file with their local civil rights agency or with HUD.  To file with HUD, please click on icon below: